Worldwide brand campaign showcases technological highlights of electromobility
Stuttgart. The holistic 360-degree brand campaign “Showcasing Innovations” focuses on pioneering technological features from Mercedes-Benz. In a newly conceived, almost surreal-looking visualisation, four innovations in the EQE are presented on social media, in TV commercials and print ads to illustrate the brand values of comfort, safety and quality:
- Aerodynamics using the example of the electrically retractable comfort door handles
- The MBUX Hyperscreen, which adapts completely to its user thanks to artificial intelligence
- DIGITAL LIGHT with projection functions such as guide markings and warning symbols
- The electric drive concept with enough range for relaxed long-distance journeys
The campaign film on the social media channels provides a first comprehensive insight. The campaign can also be experienced physically and digitally in an extended form in the Studio Odeonsplatz by Mercedes‑Benz in Munich from today, 7 June to 30 August. A variety of interactive scenarios will invite visitors to an all-embracing customer journey. The look and feel of the setup follows that of the campaign film, and provides further insights into innovations from the history of the brand.
Mercedes-Benz, as the inventor of the automobile, is underlining its’ over 130 years of innovative strength in the campaign with the EQE business saloon (EQE 350+ | WLTP: combined electrical consumption: 18.7-15.9 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 0 g/km) and thereby combines brand and product communication with the claim “Innovations by Mercedes”. The “Showcasing Innovations” campaign shows how the luxury brand is technologically developing and advancing individual mobility. All the features presented focus on the customer experience as a Mercedes-Benz maxim. The campaign is set in a “magical garage” – a place where many inventions originate. In this virtual “think tank”, which could exist far away in space and time, the campaign protagonist Mercedes guides us through magical‑looking rooms and presents the innovations. The surreal effect created for the viewer makes the digital presentation emotionally tangible in a special way and can be seen here.
“Showcasing Innovations” will run in Germany, and internationally with varying market-specific dates. In addition to the long films (94 seconds) on social media, there are eight different TVCs as 30-second cut‑downs, moving image assets and stills in various formats, as well as print and out-of-home ads. The campaign will continue with further activations in late autumn.
- Lead agency: Antoni for the idea, concept and implementation of the campaign with:
- Production company: Tempomedia
- Video: Spellwork
- Photos: Recom Berlin
- Agency: Liganova for the idea, concept and implementation of the Magical Garage in the Studio Odeonsplatz by Mercedes-Benz, Munich